Thank you for your interest in a position on our NICIL team. We currently do not have any openings at this time due to the State budget impasse. Hopefully soon we will be adding to our team, please check again in the future.
Interested in being on the NICIL Team?
We work with the best customers in Northwestern Illinois! We believe that independent living means achieving all that each individual wants. We believe it, we support it, and we take our commitment to customers very seriously. They deserve the very best that we can provide.
We also believe that it takes a community to support our customers. When we have a position open on our team, we search for individuals who not only support our mission but consider service to our customers to be an honor and a privilege. It is not about a paycheck.
If this sounds like a team that you want to be a part of check back to see when we have a position open. Then if you qualify, please apply! We need you!
Here are some basic requirements for a position on the NICIL team:
- Associates Degree or higher (positions vary on this requirement)
- In-depth knowledge of disability rights and issues
- Personal experience with a disability and/or working with persons with disabilities
- Keen understanding of the Independent Living Philosophy and a vision for seeing it for all persons in our communities
- Valid Illinois driver’s license
- Reliable transportation available daily
- Current automobile insurance with minimum of $100,000 per person, $300,000 all persons and $50,000 property damage policy
- Successful completion of a background check
- Presentation or teaching demo during the interview
Position requirements may change as legislation or regulation impact NICIL’s contract.
Employee benefits are available to all permanent NICIL team members. Benefits differ for full- and part-time staff; a specific list of benefits are available to invited candidates during the hiring process.
Please note: We do not accept unsolicited applications or resumes.
“We are passionate about Independent Living here at NICIL. It’s not about a paycheck, it’s about being part of someone’s life, it’s about making a difference today that changes someone’s future. We have the honor and privilege of serving our consumers. NICIL isn’t for everyone, but we believe in what we do and our consumers believe in us. That’s what counts.” Michele Miller, Executive Director, for our Volunteer Orientation training and new Employee training.
Not sure if NICIL is the place for you? Click here to read about our expectations: NICIL Expectations Letter